Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Whys and What Not

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb,
sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24 (KJV)

This blog is primarily about encouragement. As I share what God is doing to my heart and how he is teaching and correcting me in my walk with Jesus, I hope you will be encouraged by a small saint in the hands of a very big and capable God.

I chose to call it "Honey and Marrow" in reference to the verse above. My Koine Greek is a little rusty these days, but if I remember correctly, in the Septuagint, the literal translation to "health to the bones" is the same as saying "the marrow or life-force", that which gives actual life to the body and bones. My desire is that this can bring life to your bones with the words of a broken sinner and God's perfect Word.

I cannot fail to mention that this blog is also an attempt by me to conquer some of my very own demons. By putting my fears, hopes, and lessons in organized thought, I hope to be able to rest in God's peace about those things I struggle with as I trust in Him.

Anywho, I hope this will be something you look forward to reading, I mean it's bound to be funny. Come on. It's me.

With deep love and affection,
Angela

3 comments: